5 Steps To Creating The Living Room Of Your Dreams
When it comes to styling anything — an outfit, your hair, a home, it can be especially difficult to execute your vision without a certain level of expertise. That’s part of what makes stylists and designers so essential. They are able to take a concept or idea and make it a reality, in the best way possible. I turn to the special specialists in my life in areas such as home decor because they truly know their craft. Not only do I enjoy the end result but I learn so much working with these artists. If you love my at-home style then you’ll love my interior designer Jake Arnold. Jake was generous enough to give this reader’s home some special attention, just as he does for me. I love the suggestions he made for Venita’s room refresh!
Need help? Email me at email@example.com!
I’m in need of refreshing this room! I love your style. Anything will help!
When looking at this space I see many quick, easy and inexpensive ways to refresh and spruce up the room. Before changing out any furniture or adding any accessories, there is a quick to-do list that will ensure a fresh new slate to work with.
1. Painting the walls a soft white will instantly refresh the space and add a new lease of life and the perfect backdrop when adding in other textures and materials to create a well balanced space. Try Benjamin Moore’s Simply White
2. The fireplace is the main feature of the room, so it is important to either work with it to add to the overall aesthetic of the room or to mask it. I always believe less is more. Instead of introducing another color or bold print that may become tired and fall into the trend of cement tiles that is a trend that is already getting old, use a simple natural hand made tile to add texture and interest. Look for Zellige Tiles in white.
3. Mirrors in any space are a must! Not only does it make your space feel larger and add depth its a great way of bouncing light around the room. Hang a mirror over the fireplace for maximum sophistication.
4. When it comes to plants and natural elements a tree is the best way to add life to any space big or small. The current tree in this room needs an update to reflect the soft, muted feel of the furnishings that I think work best in this space.
5. When in doubt do less — not more — and strip back strong elements first before adding more to avoid a messy result. Stick to neutral large pieces and introduce color through muted pillows, textiles and greenery.
[show_ms_widget id=”35972535″ image_id=”41826663″ width=”750″ height=”750″]