Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey
There’s nothing better than holiday recipes filling my home with the scents of spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s funny how you can literally taste Christmas in certain foods. I love the holidays for a million reasons, but one of the biggest ones is that our schedules slow down, giving Brooks and me more leisurely mornings than usual. A day that starts with a pile of pancakes or waffles is pretty much guaranteed to be a good day, right? That’s why I was so excited to partner with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey — we can make Christmas even sweeter together!
I was in search of a holiday-inspired morning meal that wasn’t overly decadent (who has time for a post-breakfast nap?) when I came across this delicious recipe by holistic nutritionist Kara Stout. I really love swapping the sugar for honey in these waffles — not only is it all natural and a healthier way to indulge, but the honey even helps keep the waffles from drying out. This recipe checked all the boxes: organic ingredients, naturally sweetened, simple to make, and insanely delicious. You should definitely try these at home!
Recipe: Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey
Recipe serves two.
• 1½ cups almond flour
• 2 tablespoons of Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey
• 1½ teaspoons baking powder
• 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
• 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 large organic egg
• ½ teaspoon pure vanilla
• 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
• 2½ tablespoons blackstrap molasses
1. Mix together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
2. Add in wet ingredients and using a whisk, mix together well.
3. Pour batter into your waffle maker to make each waffle.
Optional: Drizzle extra honey over the top.
Let me know if you try these delicious waffles at home! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Follow @nutritionbykara for more healthy and inspired meal ideas.
Photography credit: Samantha Marquart
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017