Honey-Glazed Carrots with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey
Thanksgiving's never been so sweet.
My momma always taught me never to show up at a party empty handed. Whether it’s flowers, a candle, or a bottle of wine for the host, I’ve made sure to stick to that golden rule. With Thanksgiving coming up, I’m so excited to partner with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey, and I’m making plans to show up to dinner with a side dish that is both incredibly delicious and on the healthier side.
I try to cut out processed sugar when possible, and I’ve been using honey as a healthier alternative. Replacing sugar with honey has been an easy swap, and I’ve tried it — successfully! — in several recipes.
For Thanksgiving, these honey-glazed carrots from The Food Network is exactly what I had in mind. I could see this becoming a regular dish in the Hough-Laich home!
Honey Glazed Carrots with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey
• 1 pound baby carrots
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
2. Add a dash of salt with your carrots and cook them until they’re nice and tender. It should only take about five minutes.
3. Drain the carrots and empty the saucepan.
4. Add the carrots back to the pan along with butter, honey, and lemon juice.
5. Cook these on a low heat until a glaze coats the carrots. This should take about five minutes as well.
6. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with chopped parsley.
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving side dish??
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017