Challenge: Party of One
They say the most important relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. I truly believe this! When I’m alone, I am able to sort through all kinds of things like stresses, feelings and ambitions, because being alone gives me the time and peace to hear my own voice. It also allows me to enjoy that voice (I can’t be the only one who cracks up at her own jokes!).
Some of my favorite self-dates include:
• Reading a book at a café
• Enjoying a spa day
• Lying out in the backyard
• Dining at an outdoor restaurant and people watching
• Mall walking / window shopping
This week, I am going to schedule myself a solo date and I’m challenging you to do the same. I am thinking I’ll take me, myself and I to a movie — have any of you ever gone to a movie theater alone before? It feels unnatural and awkward going to
places like that all by your lonesome but it can be a very liberating experience. Plus, more popcorn for me!
Are you with me on this one? What’s your favorite thing to do by yourself?
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017