Chocolate Avocado Pudding
This recipe had me at chocolate. And then again at avocado. Is it possible to put two of the greatest things ever together and still taste amazing, or will all that goodness cancel the other out? The answer: YUM.
Leave it to Jessica Merchant of How Sweet It Is to whip up a sweet treat that is not only good for your health (hello, antioxidants), but for your skin and hair, too! The best benefit of them all is the one that happens on your tastebuds. Enjoy!
• 4 ripe avocados
• 1/4 cup light coconut milk
• 4 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 2 ounces of dark chocolate (72% or higher), melted
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• whipped cream
• coconut whipped cream
• cocoa nibs
Remove avocados from the skin (and pit) and place in a food processor. Blend until combined and creamy. Add in all remaining ingredients, blending until pureed, scraping down the sides when needed to combine. Taste and season/sweeten additionally if desired.
Blend for a good 1-2 minutes until completely creamy, then serve with desired toppings.
Note: You can keep this in the fridge for about 24 hours, just make sure to immediately place it in a seal tight container. If you would like a smaller serving, try cutting the recipe in half.
Recipe and images courtesy of Jessica Merchant.
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017