Dance Battle Challenge
A few years ago over Thanksgiving, my family recorded and posted a crazy fun dance routine we made the kitchen. We were just goofing around as per usual! Not long after, Maria Menounos posted a video of her friends and family dancing with choreography. She tagged Derek and I, challenging us to a dance battle. Other celebs like Amber Riley, Mark Ballas, Kristi Yamaguchi, and many others from around the world started submitting videos, too.
When Christmas 2013 came around, we challenged everyone to another battle — suffice to say they did not disappoint! The best part about it was that it wasn’t just celebrities getting involved. People all around the world were taking the time to connect with their family and join ours in the challenge. During the holidays, things can be difficult and stressful with all the traveling, clashing personalities and so on. This was special because it bonded families together in a fun, creative way.
After the consecutive years of success of the viral Instagram videos, ABC decided to pick it up as a special, which will air sometime this year!
This week’s challenge is to find an outgoing, crazy group of friends, family or co-workers and show me what you’re made of! You don’t have to be a pro — it’s all about getting together and having a good time!
Here’s how you submit a video:
• Post the video online
• Tag me and #julesdancechallenge so I can check out your moves!
• Submit your #DanceBattle to Dance Battle America Casting and maybe you’ll be chosen to come on the show!
I can’t wait to see all your moves!
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017