6 Ways To MOVE: The Dance Challenge
You all know how I feel about dance when it comes to elevating my mood and staying in shape. Derek and my feelings and beliefs about dance were the major influences behind us creating the MOVE Live On Tour! We wanted to share with everyone the sensational benefits of movement. I realize not everyone can make it to our show, but I’m hoping I can still inspire some of you to get your groove on.
This weekend, I challenge you to push outside your comfort zone and do something exciting! I’ve got some fun ways you can express yourself, but there are no rules for this challenge, so just get crazy and let loose, but most importantly — tell me how it goes!
Here are some of my ideas to incorporate dance into your weekend:
1. Jump into a conga line or step into a free salsa class… and tell me how it goes!
2. Hit the clubs! You don’t have to down drinks to dip it low on the dance floor.
3. Join a flash mob! (need I say more??)
4. Take a dance class at your gym! People will be more focused on the fitness aspect and less so on the choreography, so there’s no pressure to get the steps right (but it’ll be just as much fun).
5. Become Beyonce! Make it your mission to freeze-frame and learn every move from your favorite music video.
6. Try something new! Is there a cowboy bar that boasts some boot-scootin’ line dancing? A swing dancing festival at a park nearby? A little Internet search might surprise you with something new and adventurous.
How are you going to get your MOVE on?
Photo credit: Sean Flynn
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017