DIY Coffee Lip Scrub
Chapped lips are one of the most annoying things that can ruin a beautifully made up face. We can cover blemishes, enhance overly plucked brows, and add an extra layer of cream to dry skin. But when our lips are cracked, it feels like there’s not enough balm in the world to save them — and that’s because there’s not!
The best thing to do is treat your self with an occasional lip scrub to exfoliate the stuff that needs to go before you soothe and protect your pretty pout.
In honor of National Coffee Day, I decided to share one of my favorite DIYs using coffee grounds.
• 2 tbsp used coffee grounds
• ¼ tbsp coconut oil
• 1-2 drops essential oil (your choice!)
Essential oils I’m into for this treatment:
1. Stir and smash the coffee and coconut oil until it’s well blended.
2. Add 1-2 drops of the essential oil of your choice.
3. Use your finger to lightly scrub your lips for up to one minute.
4. Rinse off with water and pat dry. Optional: I like to apply a dab of coconut oil afterwards to seal in the moisturizing benefits.
There’s plenty scrub left over to save or share!
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017