Every December trip to the grocery store I find myself lingering in the dairy section a little longer than usual. To buy or to not buy the eggnog, that is the question. I’m not a huge fan of the stuff, but it feels so lovely and festive to have on hand. I wondered if there was some way I could incorporate eggnog into one of my favorite recipes because a hint of nog is something I could get into.
It turns out, there are quite a few ways to work this ingredient in! I found this merry twist on French toast from allrecipes.com, and I can confirm it’s basically the best breakfast treat ever.
• 2 eggs, beaten slightly
• 1 ½ cups of eggnog
• 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 12 slices French bread (or other thick, fluffy bread like challah or brioche)
1. Whisk the eggs. eggnog, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
2. Preheat an electric skillet to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease the skillet.
3. Dip one slice of bread at a time into the eggnog mixture, being sure to coat each side of the bread thoroughly.
4. Place the prepared bread slices into the preheated skillet, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side.
5. Place cooked slices on a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm until all French Toast is cooked.
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- That Time We Had A Brush With Death On Our Honeymoon - August 17, 2017
- Keep the Summer Alive with These Beachy Desk Accessories - August 9, 2017
- Celebrate National Watermelon Day with this Granita Recipe - August 3, 2017