My family is thrilled to be celebrating the arrival of my sister Katherine and her fiance TJ’s sweet baby girl, Avery! To celebrate, my sister Marabeth pulled off yet another unbelievable event in Nashville. The baby shower was a fall pumpkin theme, which was perfectly adorable.
I got assigned the awesome task of being a mixologist. With a little help from an online search, I whipped up a Pumpkin Pie Punch, and I’m sharing the delicious recipe below. These were delicious!
Marabeth decked out the house in hay bales, custom baby onesies, and set the dining tables in roses and hydrangeas potted in hollowed out pumpkins, plus all things pretty and pink. She served the best pumpkin spice cake, caramel apples (that guests made themselves!), cotton candy and pumpkin spice kettle corn, and a delicious chili in these cute bowls from Williams Sonoma.
We played so many fun games, like:
• My Water Broke: When the ice cube melts the person holding it has to yell, “My water broke!” The first person to yell it out wins the game.
• Guess the Number: We used pumpkin candies in a baby bottle. Closest person without going over wins.
• Guess the Baby’s Birth Day
• Tinkle in the Potty: Guests, with a big balloon under their shirt, had to walk with a ping pong between their knees and drop it into the mason jar. (side note: This. Was. Hilarious.)
Every detail was absolutely perfect, but I really, really loved the punch.
Pumpkin Pie Punch (recipe from The Cookie Rookie!)
• 1/2 gallon cold apple cider
• 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
• 12 ounces cream soda
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 cup whipped cream flavor vodka
• apple slices for garnish
• cool whip or whipped cream for garnish
1. In a large pitcher, stir together the cider and pumpkin. Use a large whisk and stir until fully combined. If you’d like it to be extra smooth, you can pour through a cheesecloth or small wire mesh strainer, but we didn’t find that necessary.
2. Stir in the cream soda, pumpkin pie spice, and vodka.
3. Add apple slices into pitcher and keep in fridge until ready to serve.
4. Serve cold topped with whipped cream or cool whip. Enjoy!
Everyone looks forward to a party hosted by Marabeth! She manages to blow our minds every single time with her creativity and attention to detail. She’s the greatest.
What do you think about our little pumpkin party?