Ask and you shall receive! Many of you have requested my advice for becoming a better dancer. Below you’ll find my top three tips for reaching the top.
1. Have fun and most importantly, be yourself! Dancing is about expressing who you are and being YOU. When I dance, I feel like I’m more present and in touch with myself than ever. You just need to let go of whatever else is on your mind and enjoy the moment.
2. Practice makes perfect. I’ve found whether it was when I danced competitively in England, during my time as a pro on Dancing With The Stars, or during Derek and my MOVE Live on Tour, I was always working hard and making sure I was performing at my personal best. This means putting in as many extra hours as possible and practicing until your head hits the pillow at night! For me, there’s nothing better than feeling like I’m prepared and I gave it my all.
3. Be your own audience. Practicing in front of a mirror provides you with perspective, as does taping and watching your practices. Knowing what works and what might not translate from the eyes of the other side is a powerful tool!
Any other dancers out there who’d like to chime in? Please add your advice in the comments!
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- That Time We Had A Brush With Death On Our Honeymoon - August 17, 2017
- Keep the Summer Alive with These Beachy Desk Accessories - August 9, 2017
- Celebrate National Watermelon Day with this Granita Recipe - August 3, 2017