We all know we’re supposed to drink more water every day, but that’s easy to forget during your morning latte or when your BFF made too much sangria (is there even such a thing?). On the occasion you do remember to go for some classic H20, it’s nearly impossible to find something other than plastic bottles. Sure, you’ve quenched your thirst, but if you’re anything like me, you’ve replaced that feeling with guilt over not choosing a more eco-friendly option. Enter: Boxed Water.
Boxed Water is changing the game of convenient hydration. When their minimal-but-bold packaging first caught my eye, I had to know more. Turns out, Boxed Water is so much more than well-designed Instagram bait. Everything this water company does is about ultimate sustainability. The recyclable cartons are made using paper from well-managed forests, and they are partnered with the National Forest Foundation to make sure all forests keep growing.
As a part of their ReTree Project, Boxed Water plants Boxed Water plants trees for every social post, newsletter subscription and web store purchases. They have planted over half a million trees (!!!), and the number is increasing every second.
We all need to do our part to protect our planet, even if it’s something as small as recycling cartons. Drinking Boxed Water when I’m thirsty and on the road definitely makes me feel a little better about my carbon footprint.
If you would like to join their #ReTree project, follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the Boxed Water website.
2. Find where Boxed Water is sold near you or order some directly from their store.
3. Subscribe to the Boxed Water newsletter.
4. Take a photo of your Boxed Water on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, tag @boxedwater, and use #ReTree. Bonus: This is also a great excuse to get a manicure, clean your room, etc.
5. Pat yourself on the back because you just helped plant a bunch of trees!
6. And most importantly, don’t forget to recycle your carton! Find out if your city has a recycling pick-up service or recycling centers. You can also visit The Carton Council to see if your community has a carton-specific recycling program.
And while Boxed Water is absolutely better for the planet, another eco-friendly thing you can do is carry a reusable water bottle. I try to bring mine with me wherever I go, though I know it can be tricky to remember. I’ve listed some water bottles so good looking they’ll quickly become one of your favorite accessories. Plus, almost all of these companies are doing extra sustainability initiatives (and two are owned by women! #BadassBabes). Check them out below.
And, if you love saving the planet but still think water is boring, here are some recipes that should spice things up. Do you have any other tips for staying hydrated during the summer? Let me know!
Main image credit: Grub in Hand
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- How To Make Your Fresh Flowers Last As Long As Possible - August 21, 2017
- That Time We Had A Brush With Death On Our Honeymoon - August 17, 2017
- Keep the Summer Alive with These Beachy Desk Accessories - August 9, 2017