Nail Art DIY: Chevron
For years the chevron pattern has been a consistent trend in fashion and home décor. I appreciate that it’s simple, chic, and playful all at once. Whether a black and white rug or multi-color cardigan, these stripes just say ‘good time’ to me!
Nail artist and industry expert Tracylee Percival created a cute take on chevron for our fingertips, and she’s sharing her step-by-step instructions here, just for us!
Two-Toned Chevron Nail DIY
1. Using a nail color (brown seen here), polish one corner of the nail, to form a triangle shape. If you don’t have a steady hand, you can use tape. Place the tape on the nail to make the straight line.
2. Next, using a (we used a grey-beige) nail color, complete the chevron on the other side of the nail (making a smaller triangle) I find it easier to use a detail art brush for this step.
3. Seal your design with a long wearing top coat.
Will you be trying on this trend?
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017