Party Planning Like A Pro
When it came to planning my engagement party, I turned to the event executor extraordinaire, Troy Williams of Simply Troy. His parties are always beautifully done, original, extremely thoughtful and most importantly — fun!
We discussed that family & friends were the most important aspect to Brooks and myself when it came to the party. We wanted everyone to be comfortable, excited and have a great time. Our overall goal for the evening was to host a celebration filled with love, good food and cocktails.
The first step was locking down a space and I must say, Troy hit the jackpot when he secured Eric Buterbaugh Florals. It has a stunning rustic outdoor garden and a cool, glamorous indoor gallery. It felt like we were in someone’s beautiful home, which was exactly the vibe we were going for. Once Troy locked down the location, the inspiration started pouring out of him and the party really began to take shape.
Brooks and me with the incomparable Simply Troy!
“Once a couple gives you the feeling they are looking to evoke from their overall evening that’s usually the launching pad for me. I’m not going to suggest all indoor locations when I know that Brooks and Jules both love the beauty of the outdoors,” Troy says about his planning process.
The famous Eric Buterbaugh fragrances in action. I can’t even describe how amazing they smell.
Troy made our engagement party very “us” by incorporating several elements of our individual personalities. These small touches had a big impact when it came to feeling like this was our special event. Below are several takeaway tips from Simply Troy that you can use when planning your next special event!
Party Planning Tips from Simply Troy:
• We made sure to have several framed personal photos of the couple placed around the venue. Subtle touches like that always put smiles on the guests’ faces and remind everyone about the love that brought them there.
• Jules is a major lover of candy and Brooks is more of a healthy nut. Jules had made a funny comment about how she loves candy and Brooks loves carrots at our venue walk through. So we played off that and had bite-sized carrot cake desserts in honor of Brooks and to represent Jules, we got a beautiful crystal punch bowl and filled it with her favorite candy, Sour Patch Kids Watermelons. All the guests were enjoying their sugar rush and munching on those sweet treats the entire night!
• Brooks’ favorite color is light blue so we had beautiful cocktail glasses in that hue as a simple nod to him. We also had elegant rosé champagne glasses as a nod to Jules. The duo of glasses represented Jules and Brooks new life together becoming entwined with one another.
All photographer by Clint Easley, Peak Photography
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017