One of my favorite ways to start the day is with this healthy, protein-packed pancake. It only takes about five minutes to make and it is packed with enough fiber to keep you full and fueled for hours. What more could you ask for in a breakfast?!
• 1 cup of quick rolled oats
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup of part-skim ricotta cheese
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
• Fresh fruit
• Syrup or honey
• Shredded coconut
Heat a non-stick pan over medium. Beat together the oatmeal, eggs, ricotta, vanilla and cinnamon. I put mine in a food processor to get more of a creamy, batter-like consistency, but that’s optional! Spoon the batter into the heated pan as you would pancakes. These cook quickly — only about 2 minutes per side depending on the thickness, so stay close.
Serve alone or with fresh fruit, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Keep in mind these will turn out much thicker and heavier than your typical pancake, so don’t expect to produce something airy and cake-like.
Enjoy your day now that you’re fueled and full of energy!
photo credit: duane fernandez
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- That Time We Had A Brush With Death On Our Honeymoon - August 17, 2017
- Keep the Summer Alive with These Beachy Desk Accessories - August 9, 2017
- Celebrate National Watermelon Day with this Granita Recipe - August 3, 2017