Real Pumpkin Spice Latte
It’s officially September, so that means one thing in the world of wonderful snacks: pumpkin flavored everything! Every year I look forward to a toasty, spicy latte. It feels awesomely nostalgic and sends my taste buds into a fall frenzy. When I learned how unhealthy those pumpkin lattes can be when purchased at most coffee chains, I sought out a solution. Many cafes use a ton of sugar, artificial colors, flavors, and to my shock — zero actual pumpkin!
This recipe uses real pumpkin and sweetens with honey, but you could use agave or other sweetener you prefer. Even 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar, if that’s your jam! It also works whether you’re a coffee or a tea person. Either way you sip it, it’s sooo good.
Real Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
• 1 cup of black coffee or black tea
• 2/3 cup evaporated milk
• 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
• 2 teaspoons of honey
• 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine coffee or tea, milk, real pumpkin, sweetener or honey, pumpkin spice and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Stir slowly while it gets hot. Pour into two mugs and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon (optional).
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017