Leftover Cranberry Dip
Can you believe Thanksgiving has already come and gone?! Not to be cheesy, but time really does fly when you’re having fun! And speaking of cheese (mmmmm… cheese), I discovered this great cranberry dip recipe that is phenomenal slathered on a bagel, on top of crackers, or even just spread over a piece toast.
I don’t know about you guys, but we always seem to have a leftover bag of fresh cranberries every year that just sits there begging to be whipped up into something — but I never know what. Now I do!
• 2 (8 oz) packages of softened cream cheese
• 1 small bag of fresh cranberries
• 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
• 1/8 cup chopped green onion
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
optional: powdered gelatin — use to your desired consistency
1. Spread cream cheese on the bottom of a medium serving bowl or plate.
2. In a small mixing bowl, beat together fresh cranberries, cilantro, green onion and lemon juice.
3. Slowly add the gelatin (optional) to create a desired consistency. If you prefer, you can use 1 (14oz) can of jellied cranberry sauce in place of the fresh berries and gelatin.
4. Scoop the spread over the cream cheese.