I love any side dish that can make your main course seem even more exciting. I also love the way Lori Zanini has created such delicious recipes that never make me feel like I’m missing out because I’m eating healthy.
This Mexi-Cauli Rice recipe is beautiful, tasty and good for you — the recipe trifecta! Plus, it’s a snap to make. Let’s get cooking!
Serves 4 (½ cup each)
Prep Time:: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
• 3 cups cauliflower florets
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• ½ cup diced onions
• 2/3 cup sliced tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• Pinch cayenne pepper
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
• Juice of ½ lime
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower a few times until it is in small, rice-like pieces.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and onions and sauté until the onions are translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are broken down, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic powder and cayenne pepper and remove from the heat.
4. Stir in the cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
This recipe originally appeared in Lori’s cookbook, Eat What You Love Diabetes Cookbook.
PER SERVING: Calories: 68 Total fat: 4g Saturated fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 100mg Carbs: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 3g Protein: 2g
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017