Certified nutritionist and all-around awesome person Kara Stout sent in her recipe for this gorgeous Starshine Smoothie Bowl. Just look at it! Without even knowing what was in it I knew immediately that I wanted to make and eat it.
Kara says, “Smoothie bowls can add a ton of health, flavor and fun to your morning routine! This Starshine Smoothie Bowl is sure to get your day started on the bright side. It’s delicious and full of vitamins, fiber, antioxidants and healthy fats. It’s also dairy-free and sweetened with the natural sugar found in the banana. The fresh lime juice, greens and cilantro help to detoxify the body, and the flaxseed provides omega-3s, protein and lignans (polyphenols). Also, the superfood maca boosts the immune system, increases energy, improves focus and can balance hormones.
“Another benefit of smoothie bowls is getting creative with different toppings! This adds to the enjoyment of your breakfast in the mornings and hopefully gets you excited to start your day on a healthy note and continue making healthy choices throughout the day.”
I love this recipe and I think you will, too!
• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 frozen banana
• 1/2 lime
• 2 handfuls mâche rosettes or baby kale
• 1 handful cilantro
• 1-2 tbsp flaxseed
• 1/2 tsp maca
• clementine slices
• lime slices
• coconut flakes
• bee pollen
• persimmon star cut outs
• apple star cut outs
1. Add almond milk, banana, juice of 1/2 lime, mâche rosettes or baby kale, cilantro, flaxseed and maca to a high-powered blender, and blend well.
2. Pour into your favorite bowl.
3. Top with clementine and lime slices, coconut flakes, and bee pollen.
4. Using a star cookie cutter, cut out your star-shaped apples and persimmons.
5. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
For more great recipes follow Kara on Instagram @nutritionbykara.
Do you have a recipe you think I should try at home? Was it passed down from a family member or a fantastic experiment that worked out deliciously? I want to check it out! Breakfast bites, snacks, desserts, dinners, apps… show me what you got! Email your recipe plus a little story about it: how did you come across it? What makes it one of your favorites? I’ll need an ingredient list plus directions. Photos are a plus but not necessary. Send them to email@example.com.
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- How To Make Your Fresh Flowers Last As Long As Possible - August 21, 2017
- That Time We Had A Brush With Death On Our Honeymoon - August 17, 2017
- Keep the Summer Alive with These Beachy Desk Accessories - August 9, 2017