Last month, NY Magazine ran an awesome wellness-based article about my day-to-day routine. Not long after it came out, many of you began asking me the same thing: what the heck are steamed eggs?
On most mornings I prepare two steamed eggs over easy with a side of tomato and avocado. It’s something my mom taught me to do years ago, and now she’s teaching you! Here’s my mom with all the egg-citing details…
I love fried eggs, but I don’t like a lot of grease and I don’t like to flip the eggs over in case they might break open. So instead, this is what I do:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan
2. Carefully crack open and place 2-3 eggs in the pan
3. When the whites look almost cooked, add 1/4 cup of water
4. Cover the eggs with a glass lid and let them steam until the yoke is somewhere between runny and hard.
They end up being a fried egg with a poached yoke. The perfect egg to dunk my toast in!
Yummy for my tummy, from Julianne’s mommy.
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- That Time We Had A Brush With Death On Our Honeymoon - August 17, 2017
- Keep the Summer Alive with These Beachy Desk Accessories - August 9, 2017
- Celebrate National Watermelon Day with this Granita Recipe - August 3, 2017