Vegan Taco Salad
When I was sent this week’s challenge for Meatless Monday, I immediately went on the hunt for great meal ideas. I am pretty obsessed with this vegan taco salad with creamy cilantro lime dressing (oh yeah!) from Nutrition By Kara. Not only is Kara’s recipe meatless — it’s also gluten-free, dairy-free and has no added sugar. Kara’s a nutritionist, so she knows what she’s talking about when she says it’s full of clean, plant-based protein, fiber, healthy fats, antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and K.
Vegan Taco Salad Ingredients:
• 3/4 bag organic arugula
• ½ 15.25oz can organic corn (no sugar added)
• ½ 15oz can organic black beans
• ½ 3.8oz can sliced black olives
• 1 large handful sliced organic mixed tomatoes
• 1 cubed avocado
• 1 almond flour tortilla (you can find these at Whole Foods)
Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing:
• 1 cup soaked cashews
• 3½ tbsp olive oil
• 1 lime
• 3 tbsp pure water
• ½ tbsp cilantro leaves
• 1/8 tsp sea salt
• pinch of black pepper
1. Soak cashews for 24 hours or at least overnight.
2. To make dressing, blend cashews, olive oil, juice of lime, water, cilantro, sea salt, and pepper together in high-powered blender.
3. Using a pizza cutter, slice tortilla into small strips and bake in oven at 350 degrees for approx. 3-5 minutes. Keep an eye on it because it does get crispy fast.
4. Add arugula to large mixing bowl.
5. Add corn, beans, olives, tomatoes, and avocado.
6. Top with crunchy tortilla strips and approx. 2 tbsp dressing. Mix together well.
Note: You will have plenty of dressing left over, so make sure to save in a small jar with a lid, refrigerate and use for future tasty salads!
Will you try this dreamy dish? You have to tell me what you think!