Greens, strawberries and avocado might not sound like they belong on the same plate, but they go together deliciously! Really when you have ingredients that yummy how could they not go together? I love eating salads and it’s fun to mix it up a bit with something other than the usual greens-veggies-chicken mix. For a fresh take on a salad this spring, try this recipe for a Spring Greens Salad with Strawberries and Avocado with sweet balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
• 2 cups mixed fresh spring greens
• 1 cup strawberries, de-stemmed and sliced thin
• 1 avocado, pitted and cubed
• ¼ cup chopped walnuts (or your favorite nut!)
Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
• ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 garlic clove
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Mix the dressing ingredients well and drizzle over your salad.