The Perfect Winter Updo
I don’t know about you, but winter weather makes my strands slightly unruly. The second my hair gets a hint of the chilly air it decides it’s just gonna do it’s own thing. My feeling about this is if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em! Rather than fight the frizz I just go with it.
With that in mind, I’m in love with this sweet style created by Grace Crivello at the Nine Zero One Salon in West Hollywood! The bobby pins look like an art installation. It’s the perfect style for a regular day or I’m thinking it can be dressed up for a holiday party by using fancier pins in place of regular ones.
1. First add some texture to the hair by using a 1″ iron.
2. Tousle the waves with a salt spray. I use Beach Day by Unite.
3. Flip your head over and scrunch the hair up while blow drying to completely dry the salt spray.
4. Add a little texturizing spray to amp up the volume some more. I used Unite Texturiza.
5. Loosely grab hair from one side leaving a few wavy pieces out by the hairline.
6. Twist and pin onto the lower part or your crown. Repeat with the other side.
7. To complete the look, take a few more bobby pins and pin over the two sides you twisted back to create a design.
Latest posts by Julianne Hough
- Oh, Honey: DIY Winter Hand Soak - January 11, 2018
- Glitz & Glamour: My Holiday Makeup Tips - December 13, 2017
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Waffles with Aunt Sue’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey - December 13, 2017