Tour Life: What I Eat On The Road
Being on tour requires every last drip of energy I’ve got. In order to be bright-eyed and bushy tailed every day after a high-intensity evening performance, it’s important to keep my body properly fueled with efficient foods. My snacks and meals must be more than just delicious — they have to be effective. As much as I love my sweets, the up and down games sugar plays on my metabolism doesn’t do me any good.
I don’t like crazy restrictions or being too regimented. As you all know, I love to eat! But keeping as close to this balanced schedule as possible keeps me on track. If you’re looking to stick to a productive, clean eating routine, look no further than here!
• Green Juice, or any kind of low-sugar juice (don’t want to crash later)
• Hard-boiled eggs for protein
• Always a hearty salad with lots of clean toppings and grilled chicken. Sounds boring, but tastes delicious and gives my body some serious fuel.
• Green apple (they’re my favorite but really, any apple will do) with a scoop of almond butter
• A nutritious protein bar — one that is low sugar, high fiber and protein
After Show Dinner
Just like any great work out, I’m usually ravenous after a performance. These meals call for something a little heartier than my daily regimen.
• Chicken stir fry or grilled chicken with quinoa, sweet potatoes or a green salad
• A cozy and delicious bowl of soup
Like I said, life on the road is unlike no other experience. It’s important that the entire Move team eats well, sleeps well and gives you all the best performances possible!
What keeps you fueled for long, grueling days??